CTC Students and Staff Attend BPA Regional Competition
Kudos to the 26 Springfield-Clark CTC students who participated in the Business Professionals of America (BPA) Regional Competition!
Students Take Center Stage
CTC students joined over 125 students from 7 schools for BPA Region 15 in-person competitions at the Greene County Career Center in Xenia, Ohio. The in-person event featured 25 diverse events, each requiring individuals and teams of BPA students to showcase their skills and knowledge to judges, who used specific criteria related to the respective competitions to evaluate. CTC's representation included 26 enthusiastic students competing in 9 events, ranging from interview skills to network design to economic research (complete list below).
Behind the Scenes: A Team Effort
Several CTC staff members attended the event as well. Mrs. Angela Yake and Mr. Sean Fadden, BPA Chapter Advisors, were pivotal in ensuring the event's success. They led the recruitment of professionals and experts as judges for the competitions, organized the judging materials and event binders, and assisted with event logistics. A handful of CTC staff, including Mr. King, Mr. Rice, Mrs. Shaffer, Mrs. Haythe, and Mrs. Rittenhouse, stepped into the role of judges, contributing their industry expertise to the competitions.
Winners Advance: Next Stop, BPA State Competition?
In addition to the in-person competitions, over 70 students in the Cybersecurity, Digital Media Design, and Software Programming Technologies programs participated in online tests, guided by all three BPA Advisors, Mr. Fadden, Mrs. Yake, and Mrs. Mary Leonard. The results of the online tests and in-person competitions will be announced on January 26 at Xenia High School. Regional winners will go on to compete in state and national competitions. The state competition will be on March 7 and 8 in Columbus, Ohio.
Gratitude for Greene County Career Center
THANK YOU to Greene County Career Center for hosting on CTC's behalf! The seven schools in Region 15 take turns hosting the Regional competition each year. CTC was slated to host this year but could not due to a lack of space. CTC does not have the space needed to accommodate the number of participants and competition spaces.
BPA Student Competitors
Advanced Interview Skills Competition
- Shellbi Grant, Cybersecurity junior from Shawnee High School
Computer Animation Team
- Madison Houck, Digital Media Design junior from Greenon High School
- Jade McDavid, Digital Media Design junior from Springfield High School
- Savanna O'Brien, Digital Media Design junior from Southeastern High School
Digital Media Production Competition
- Griffin Sweeney, Cybersecurity junior from Greenon High School
- Shelsey Wolford, Digital Media Design junior from Kenton Ridge High School
Economic Research Individual Competition
- Ryan Griffieth, Digital Media Design senior from Global Impact STEM Academy
- Julianne Lookabaugh, Digital Media Design junior from Springfield High School
Interview Skills Competition
- Laurali Donnaker, Digital Media Design junior from Greenon High School
- Zachary Latham, Cybersecurity junior from Northwestern High School
Network Design Team Competition
- Cole Griffith, Cybersecurity senior from Tecumseh High School
- Marcus Ellis, Cybersecurity senior from Tecumseh High School
- Nathan McCutcheon, Cybersecurity senior from Greenon High School
- Zachary Swearingen, Cybersecurity senior from Tecumseh High School
Podcast Production Team Competition
- Clayton Shumway, Cybersecurity junior from Northwestern High School
- Gabriel Thomas, Cybersecurity junior from Northwestern High School
- Kalen Jablonski, Cybersecurity junior from Northeastern High School
- Robert Elliott, Digital Media Design junior from Springfield High School
- Cade Ireton, Digital Media Design junior from Northwestern High School
- Carson Malone, Digital Media Design junior from Springfield High School
- Colton Peck, Digital Media Design junior from Kenton Ridge High School
Video Production Team Competition
- Alex Grubb, Cybersecurity junior from Tecumseh High School
- Issac Gundolf, Cybersecurity junior from Northwestern High School
Visual Design Team
- Zach Borden, Digital Media Design senior from Kenton Ridge High School
- Celeste Countryman, Digital Media Design senior from Tecumseh High School
- Sierra Vela, Digital Media Design senior from Springfield High School
About BPA and CTC's BPA Chapter
BPA is a national student organization that helps students prepare for careers in business and technology. BPA's Workplace Skills Assessment Program focuses on helping students learn and develop skills in Finance, Business Administration, Management Information Systems, Digital Communication and Design, Management, Marketing, and Design, and Health Administration. Within these six categories are 90 different competition categories.
CTC's BPA Chapter is open to students in the Cybersecurity, Digital Media Design, and Software Programming Technologies programs. BPA members attend the regional, state, and national leadership conferences and competitions to develop professionally. They also give back to the community through volunteering and fundraising. BPA Advisors are Mr. Sean Fadden, Mrs. Mary Leonard, and Mrs. Angela Yake. Learn more about Springfield-Clark CTC's BPA Chapter.