Looking for a fresh start? Ready to explore many different careers? The Jaguar Academy is for you! This is a sophomore program designed for students who are interested in investigating career-technical fields offered at CTC. In this year-long, full-day program on the SCCTC campus, sophomores are given the opportunity to explore careers by researching and spending time in career technical labs, to earn and recover academic credits, and to receive career and life skills mentoring. The goal of the program is to set students on the pathway to future academic and career success.
Virtual Open House
Information about our programs and our virtual open house can be found at https://mypath.scctc.org/
After earning their OSHA-10 certificates, students will work in the career exploration lab to gain experience with the equipment used in the career-technical labs. Students will also complete rotations in career technical labs of interest.
Experience and Skills Gained
- OSHA 10 certification
- CPR and first aid instruction
- Skills and aptitude assessments
- Personal finance
- Workplace skills
What are the benefits of being a part of the Jaguar Academy?
- Path to Success - At CTC, you will have the opportunity to start with a clean slate. Our administrators, teachers, and counselors support a belief system that all learners will achieve academic success, establish a career pathway, and become contributing members of society.
- Common Curriculum - We offer student-centered, hands-on learning experiences that engage learners in the state-mandated curriculum.
- Authentic Learning - We meet student needs through active learner engagement and relating subject matter to life and work.
- Supportive Structures - We meet individual learner needs through our small class sizes and access to instructional resources and technology.
- Sense of Belonging - We provide a classroom environment that leads to increased positive social interaction, citizenship practices, and leadership development. You will take all of your academic classes with the same community of students.