From cars, to toys, to appliances, engineers design the parts that make our daily lives easier, safer and more enjoyable. The manufacturing industry, which remains a major contributor to our U.S. economy, relies on engineers' technical skills and related specialty applications for a host of exciting and challenging careers. The SCCTC Engineering & Architectural Design program helps students gain the insight and the hands-on experience they need to move on to advanced education opportunities or to enter the workplace in a technical role.
If you enjoy drawing, visualization, and cutting edge technology, become a Engineer & Architectural Design student! After this two year class, you will be equipped with the skills and know-how to design your own ticket to a technical career in the drafting field or a college degree in engineering. Invent and engineer your own custom digital models from a desktop computer, and then generate physical 3-Dimensional objects with our three 3D printers. 3D printers use approximately 15 materials from solid multi-colored polymers to flexible see-through rubber materials. If you can imagine it, you can 3D print it.
Students develop skills by working with the latest drafting software on Full HD 1080p dual monitors to create projects. Learn precision with one-on-one instruction from a master draftsman, Mr. Barge, as well as from your 15 classmates. Small class size optimizes each student’s opportunity to reach their full potential. Feel your progress by literally holding your 3-D designed creations and take home your most prized pieces.
Opportunities after Graduation
More than 70% of students that complete the Engineering & Architectural Design opt to go to college after graduation. This program provides students with skills they can use to earn money while they pursue advanced training. Engineering & Architectural Design student can earn articulated college credits towards a degree at Sinclair Community College or Clark State Community College.
- Earn a $3,000 Tech Prep Scholarship to Sinclair Community College and Clark State Community College for students who meet academic and attendance requirements while at the CTC.
- Earn up to eight college classes at Sinclair Community College.
- Enter in to the 2+2+2 program at Sinclair Community College. 2 Years of high school, 2 years at Sinclair and then 2 years at University of Dayton – Wright State University – Cincinnati or University of Miami. Some colleges offer tuition savings or scholarships though this program.
- SolidWorks Drafter
- Mechanical AutoCAD Drafter
- Architectural AutoCAD Drafter
- Structural Detailer
- Civil Drafter
- Building Information Modeler
- Computer-Aided Design