Video • Photography • Social Media
This exciting program is designed for students who are creative and like to work with technology. The Digital Media Design program has evolved to embrace social media, experimenting with new ideas, and places an emphasis on combining creativity with technical skills. Students will be acquiring skills sets in social media strategies, video production, graphic design (Photoshop/Illustrator), digital photography, and web design/coding. However, don’t be fooled, skill sets in animation and digital audio still play an integral part in the social media realm. Digital Media Production will allow you to express your creative side while enhancing your computer expertise.
Come be a part of our winning team of social media specialists! Acquire and apply knowledge in the areas of photography, blogging, video, web and graphic design, all while having fun in a relaxed environment. Combine your love for technology and creativity into a successful career.
Most employers are seeking candidates with a two or four year degree in this area of concentration. Start earning college credits towards a major in New Media or Graphic Design at Clark State Community College. While taking this course, you will have the opportunity to earn the following credits:
- ITS 1500 HTML and CSS (College Credit Plus)
- GEN 1100 College Readiness
- NWM 1000 Introduction New Media (College Credit Plus)
- NWM 1005 Digital Aesthetics and User Experiences (College Credit Plus)
- NWM 1010 Social Media and Digital Interactivity (College Credit Plus)
- GPH 1201 Electronic Imagery*
- GPH 1000 Graphic Design Fundamentals*
* articulated credit
College Scholarship Opportunities
- $3000 Tech Prep from Sinclair and Clark State Community Colleges is available to qualified students
Earn Nationally Recognized Certifications
Adobe Certified Associate (ACA)
- Visual Communication using Adobe Photoshop
- Graphic Design & Illustration Using Adobe Illustrator
- Web authoring Using Adobe Dreamweaver
- Video Communication Using Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe Certified Expert
- Web Specialist
- Video Specialist
- More than 75% of all students completing this program go to college after graduation.
- $3000 scholarship is available through Sinclair and Clark State to continue your education.
- Students complete Clark State college courses and gain transcripted credit through this program.
- Students have tested their skills at the BPA Nationals in Chicago, Dallas, Indianapolis, and Orlando. You could be next!