Career Based Intervention (CBI) is a work-study program. The CBI program is designed for students that have been identified as benefiting from a combined academic and work experience school day. CBI students are enrolled in online academic courses at the Springfield-Clark CTC and receive additional classroom instruction in job related skills. CBI students have a flex-time release for work. Students who are unemployed will complete volunteer assignments as well as filling out job applications, interviewing, and job training scenarios. Students can receive up to 4 elective credits for the CBI Lab.
Students in the CBI program complete Individual Success Plans which guide them through high school and get them focused on a career. Students learn to set goals related to the career they choose.
Special points of interest
- Academic Classes are taken online
- Students can do assignments anywhere that internet access is available
- Students have a flex time release
- Small class sizes
- Students can complete classes early
- Class is self paced with no bell schedule
- Students learn to set goals
- Great opportunity to get a jump start on your career