From cars, to toys, to appliances, engineers design the parts that make our daily lives easier, safer and more enjoyable. The manufacturing industry, which remains a major contributor to our U.S. economy, relies on engineers' technical skills and related specialty applications for a host of exciting and challenging careers. The SCCTC Applied Engineering &
Manufacturing program helps students gain the insight and the hands-on experience they need to move on to advanced education opportunities or to enter the workplace in a technical role.
Are you interested in a career as an engineer? This program can help you get started on a pathway to a career as a successful engineer. The Applied Engineering & Manufacturing Program is for any high school student interested in learning basic training in the five areas of engineering technology.
Students learn basic skills in a variety of hands-on activities. In fact, 75 percent of the coursework involves hands-on assignments that compliment the textbook applications. Students may also participate in a post-secondary partnership with Clark State Community College. This agreement helps students earn college credits that also apply toward graduation from high school. There are early placement options with a placement rate of 75 percent.
Opportunities after Graduation
Applied Engineering & Manufacturing lets you keep the door wide open for your future. You have several options after graduating and receiving a Career Passport such as:
- Attend Clark State Community College and earn an associate’s degree (earn credits in high school for FREE!)
- Enter a Co-op Program at Clark State Community College.
- Enter a four-year degree program in engineering at any state-funded university.
- Clark State Community College may provide the opportunity to earn a Tech Prep scholarship totaling $3,000 for students who meet academic and attendance requirements.
- Earn up to 21 credits through our articulation agreement with Clark State Community College.
- CADD Drafter
- CNC Operator
- Electrical Maintenance
- Metal Fabricating