Hardware, Software, Cybersecurity
If you like to work with your mind as well as with your hands, this challenging program may be for you. Have you ever wondered what makes the internet work? If you have a knack for puzzles, mysteries, and problem solving, cybersecurity may be your future. It is a field where the good guys — cybersecurity professionals — are pitted against the bad guys — cybercriminals a.k.a. hackers. You may also work to protect our country by fighting cyber-terrorists across the internet. A career can mean a six-figure salary, job security, and the potential for upward mobility.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, More than 209,000 cybersecurity jobs in the U.S. are unfilled, and postings are up 74% over the past five years. A report from Cisco puts the global figure at one million cybersecurity job openings. Demand is expected to rise to 6 million globally by 2019, with a projected 1.5 million open positions. Are you ready to step in?
Start earning college credits towards a major in Computer Networking or Cybersecurity / Information Assurance Technology at Clark State Community College. While taking this course, you will have the opportunity to earn the following credits:
- NTK 1110 PC Hardware Essentials Credit hours: 3
- NTK 1120 PC Operating Systems Essentials 3
- NTK 1211 Convergence Technology I 3
- CSE 1110 Introduction to Cybersecurity 3
- NTK 2100 Cisco - Introduction to Networks 3
- NTK 2110 Cisco - Routing and Switching 3
- NTK 2120 Cisco - Scaling Networks 3
- NTK 2130 Cisco - Connecting Networks 3
- Earn 24 of the 61 required hours for an Associate’s Degree in Cybersecurity / Information Assurance Technology and or Computer Networking.
- Earn 12 of the 21 hours for Cybersecurity Short-Term Technical Certificate
- Earn all 21 credit hours for Clark State Community College’s Network Infrastructure Short-Term Technical Certificate
College Scholarship Opportunities
- $3000 Tech Prep from Sinclair and Clark State Community Colleges is available to qualified students.
Earn Nationally Recognized Industry Certifications
- CompTIA A+, Network +, Security +
- Cisco CCENT, CCNA
- Microsoft MTA Security Fundamentals, Networking Fundamentals